Thank to all the attendees, out of town guests and sponsors who came together to Celebrate Women Who Are Making History!
Sunday, July 24, 2016
At the beautiful Water Works
11:00 – 12:00 VIP Reception
12:00 – 3:00 Celebration (brief awards ceremony at 1:00pm)
Attire: Summer Chic
Parking: Complimentary Valet Service Provided
What to Expect
If you have experienced a Cescaphe event, you know you are in store for an over-the-top day of indulgences. Here’s what you can expect at this historic event:
- An Open Bar featuring beer, wine, a bloody Mary bar, a Bellini bar, mimosas, and our signature cocktail
- A Raw Bar including chilled seafood station and passed hors d’oeuvres
- Lunch Stations that include a ravioli station, Asian station, soup & salad station, and a carving station
- A Viennese Dessert display and chocolate fountain
- A VIP hour where you can spend an intimate hour with award winners and DNC representatives
- Presentation of the “Women Making History” awards
- Live Entertainment, and a few surprises
Our Historic Backdrop
The Fairmount Water Works is a National Historic
Landmark, a Civil Engineering Landmark, and a National
Mechanical Engineering Landmark. It first opened its
doors in 1815 to provide safe, clean drinking water to a
city on the cusp of remarkable growth. It is situated on
the east bank of the Schuylkill River between historic Boat
House Row and the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Cescaphe Event Group is Philadelphia’s premier
wedding brand, orchestrating over 600 weddings
annually. CEG acquired Water Works in the Fall of
2015 and made numerous upgrades and
enhancements to the space. The grand unveiling
of the venue will be on June 14th, just a month
before our event.
The Walnut Club’s First Annual
Women Making History Awards
Local and national women will be
recognized for their achievements
in business, media, arts and science,
with The Walnut Club’s first Women
Making History award.
The award will become the Club’s
signature annual event.
Check out our award winners HERE!
You will enjoy music that reflects the sounds of
Philadelphia – from Joan Jett and Patti
Labelle to Hall and Oates– with
Michelle Beckham and The Budesa Brothers
and the talented girls from
Philadelphia’s Rock to the Future
program (invited, but not yet confirmed).